- For more details on the installation procedure, see the section 3.2 "Installing the BJ Series Printer Driver". - For more details on the uninstallation procedure, see the section 3.3 "Uninstalling the BJ Series Printer Driver".
4. When running Windows 3.1 under OS/2, this BJ Series printer driver cannot be used.
5. In Windows 3.1, the Cartridge Detection mechanism is unable to distinguish between a regular color ink cartridge and a photo color ink cartridge. Be sure to install the correct ink cartridge to avoid printing problems.
-------------------------------------------------- 3.2 Installing the BJ Series Printer Driver
To use this BJ Series printer driver with software application packages that operate with Windows 95, use the following installation procedure.
- This section describes the installation procedure when you download the BJ Series printer driver from a web site. For more details on the installation procedure using the supplied CD-ROM or floppy disks provided with the product, refer to the instruction manual such as "Windows Print Guide". - When you download the BJ Series printer driver, we recommend that you create the installation disks using commercially available floppy disks, and follow the procedure below. - If your printer can print in color, the driver is automatically set for printing in color. Otherwise, the driver is automatically set for grayscale printing. 1) Double-click on the Control Panel icon in the Main program group. 2) Double-click on the Printers icon. 3) Click on the Add button to display the list of printers. 4) Click on the Install button. 5) Insert Disk 1 into the floppy disk drive. If the floppy disk drive is Drive A, click on the OK button and proceed with the next step. Otherwise, type the letter name of your floppy disk drive (such as "B:"), and click on the OK button. 6) Click on the name that corresponds to your printer, and click on the OK button. 7) When the installation of the driver files is completed, the name of your printer appears in the list of Installed Printers. 8) When your printer is connected to your computer's LPT1 port, proceed with the next step. Otherwise, click on the Connect button to display the Connect dialog box which displays a list of available output ports to which your printer can be connected. (Only those ports that begin with LPT can be used.) Click on the LPT port to which your printer is connected, and click on the OK button to return to the Printers dialog box. 9) Restart Windows to utilize the Cartridge Detection feature since the SYSTEM.INI file is modified.
-------------------------------------------------- 3.3 Uninstalling the BJ Series Printer Driver
To uninstall the BJ Series printer driver, follow the procedure below.
1) Double-click on the Control Panel icon in the Main program group. 2) Double-click on the Printers icon. 3) Choose the BJ Series printer driver you wish to delete, and click on the Remove button. 4) When the confirmation message is displayed, click on the Yes button.
4.0 Cautions, Limitations and Restrictions ================================================ 4.1 During Installation Procedure
1. If you receive a message which indicates that the BJ Series printer driver is already in use during the installation procedure, close all open applications and try installing the printer driver again.
2. If you cancel the installation procedure before all necessary files of this BJ Series printer driver are copied, the printer driver cannot be installed completely, even though it appears in the list of Installed Printers. You must therefore reinstall the BJ Series printer driver from the first step described in the instruction manual such as "Windows Print Guide" and complete the installation procedure.
-------------------------------------------------- 4.2 During Printing Procedure
1. If your printer is capable of printing in color, do not attempt to print in Color mode when a black ink cartridge is installed in your printer. The results will be unpredictable.
2. After printing an image with Photo Color ink, please allow the ink to dry for 15-30 minutes.
3. For some printer models, the Cartridge Detection feature may not function if you have used the BJ Setup Utility to set the Printer Control Mode to the Automatic mode. To use the Cartridge Detection feature, set the Printer Control Mode to either LQ or BJ mode.
4. Some thin lines which are not solid black may not print using the BJ Series printer driver's default settings. To work around this, set the Photo setting to the Print Model in the Graphics tab. This will use an alternative dot-placement method that produces better results.
5. A blank dialog box may appear when you are using Manual Feed mode. When this dialog box appears, insert a sheet of paper and click OK.
6. If you select Automatic from Print Model in Graphics tab sheet or Auto from Halftoning in Custom Setting dialog and start printing, some part of the printed image which should be printed with Diffusion halftoning may be printed with Fine halftoning. To correct this problem, set Diffusion to the Halftoning in Custom Setting dialog.
7. Some Bar Code TrueType fonts may be printed with some extraneous lines.
8. When sharing a document file among several computer systems, make sure that all the fonts used by the document are installed on all computer systems. Otherwise, some text fonts will not be printed correctly.
9. This BJ Series printer driver supports a special transparent mode when printing overlapping bitmapped graphics. However, some applications (such as PhotoShop V3.0, Claris Works and possibly other) do not support the transparent mode correctly, and this can cause printing errors. Other applications incorrectly set the background color for bitmapped graphics, and this can also cause printing errors. To work around these problems, the printer driver will automatically add the following lines to your system's WIN.INI file when it is installed. [CanonDriver] ForceOpaque=1 PhotoShopBugFix=1 To disable these work-arounds, you can edit the WIN.INI file and change the "1" to "0" and then restart Windows. For most applications, you should leave these items set to "1".
10. A known problem in Corel Mosaic Version 5.0 may cause incomplete printed output. Please contact Corel Corporation for an update.
11. When printing from Adobe Photoshop, select the RGB mode rather than the CMYK mode to avoid printing some incorrect colors.
12. Banner Printing Tip (Banner-capable printer models only)
- MS Publisher 97 To avoid some overlapping printed results between page boundaries, select File/Print/Tile Printing Options and set the value of Overlap tiles to 0.
- Print Shop Ensemble III To avoid any gaps between pages, use Standard quality instead of Draft.
- For best results, you should only print one copy of a banner at a time. If you perform multiple copies, the printing results may be unpredictable.
<END OF README.TXT>